Tuesday 23 December 2014

There's a degree of deception in silence.

One of the things I have discovered in life is that when I feel anxious very few levels of noise are comfortable to me. Sometimes I need to block out the sounds of people speaking, while still being able to hear someone trying to get my attention.

I used to play music, which is great for blocking out speaking but doesn't normally allow me to hear someone trying to get my attention. I recently found a website called mynoise, which has many different noise generators that you can calibrate to suit you. Some of the noise generators require a donation, but many of them are free. My personal favourite is the fire noise generator.

I like to keep the fire noise like this.

They also have an app for their website, which gives you three free noise generators and allows you to buy more for the price of 69p for individual generators, or £20.99 for all of them at once.

When I'm at home I like to play music with a noise generator in the background, even if I'm not feeling anxious.

TL;DR
mynoise.net is awesome and helps calm my anxiety :)

No comments:

Post a Comment